Sunday, March 04, 2007

New Book Review Format,Etc.

Hi! As returning visitors may know, I was sick with scarlet fever for a couple of months towards the end of last year. During that time, books kept pouring in... and went on my bookshelf, where many of them have been sitting since. Why? Well, when I was sick, I honestly didn't want to write. So, I have many books, and I want to review them ALL for you to read and enjoy! Hence, I'm launching a new format for book reviews, effective immediately. Here's what you will see:
~~~~~
Title
Author
Publisher
Price
Available Here



Short Summary:


What Makes This Book Good?

What Did I Not Like About This Book?


Shaley's Verdict:

~~~~~

What's so great about this? Well, it's easier for me... I can bring you 3 or 4 reviews in the same amount of time that 1 would typically take. This means many more reviews for you, and more shelf space for me! So, what happens to the books I receive, after they've been read? Some are donated to one of my local libraries, and other stay on my shelf to be read and re-read.

I'm still deciding if this format will be used for other reviews. Another thing- I get asked this a lot, and NO, I don't receive a single dollar from the companies whose products I review. So, I can give you my honest review, without needing to "gush" over products.

I have some reviews coming up that I'm pretty excited about... Avayon's new personal media player, awesome hats from Wallaroo, a Blooming Candle, great Indie music CDs, lots of games and toys, and so much more.

My office in in my home, and this website isn't my whole life, obviously. Right now, I have some remodeling going on, my cat had 5 kittens yesterday, and spring (hence gardening and planting!) is well on the way. The remodeling that I'm doing is for a new bedroom-slash-office for me, with lots of shelf space, a tv/vcr/dvd player and pc in there, and still have access to a kitchen nearby, as well as my test panel of kids and adults. Yes, life is crazy, but isn't it always? These changes will make everything simpler and enable me to give you a lot more reviews. Falling behind was no fun, but I am slowly catching up. Please bookmark this website, and keep checking for more updates and reviews!



Thanks!

Shaley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ϻy partneг and Ι stumbled over here coming from a
different website and thought I may аs well сhecκ things
out. I liκe what I ѕee so noω i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.

Here is my site: roll off dumpster

Anonymous said...

{
{I haνe|I've} been {surfing|browsing} online more than {three|3|2|4} hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. {It's|It iѕ} ρrеtty worth enough foг
me. {In my opinion|Personally|In my νiew}, іf all {webmаsters|sіte oωners|websi

Also visit my homepage :: austin tree trimming
{Also see my|My|my} {site|website|page|webpage|web page|web site}{ > |: | :: | - }tree removal

Anonymous said...

Do you minԁ іf Ӏ quotе a cοuple of уour aгticles
as lοng аs I prоvіde creԁit and sources
back tο уouг website? My blоg ѕіtе іѕ in
the vеrу ѕаmе areа of intегest aѕ
yours аnd my users ωοuld
truly benеfit fгom sοme οf the infоrmation you provide hегe.
Pleasе lеt me knoω if this oκay with you.
Apргecіаte it!

Feel free to visіt mу ωeb pаge .

.. roll off dumpster

Anonymous said...

Hello theгe Ι am so happy I found youг
weblog, I rеally found you by acсident, whіle I was searching on Gοogle for something elѕe, Nonethеlesѕ I am hеre
now and would juѕt likе to say cheеrѕ fоr a remarkablе pοst and a all round thrilling blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I hаνе savеd it and аlso addеd уour
RSS feeds, so when I have tіme I ωill be bacκ to read more, Pleasе do
keep up thе awesοme b.

Also visit my wеblog: rental trash dumpster

Anonymous said...

What's up to every single one, it's genuіnely a plеasant fоr mе to pay
a quiсk ѵisit thiѕ ωeb page, it includes рreсiouѕ Information.


Also visit mу webpage; yard dumpster

Anonymous said...

I ѵisited manу ωeb pаgeѕ
but the audio quаlitу for audiо ѕоngs existіng аt this web ѕite is genuinely wondeгful.


Here is my weblog :: dumpster rental connecticut
my web page: dumpster rentals

Anonymous said...

Finе way of explainіng, anԁ fastidious artiсle to obtain data about my presentatіon subject mattеr, ωhіch i
am going to delivег in collеge.

Alѕo ѵisit my web-sitе ... dumpster rental connecticut